A M.D. in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy from Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore, I am currently working as a Specialist Dermatologist at NMC multispecialty hospital, Ruwi, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman since November 2017. I have previously worked as a Consultant Dermatologist at Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Whitefield, Bangalore for 14 months. I have also worked as a Resident in Dermatology for 3 years in Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore.
I am skilled in handling Clinical Dermatology Cases as well as Cosmetology (Lasers, Chemical Peeling, Platelet Rich Plasma, Vitiligo Surgery etc.). I am a 2nd rank holder in Post-Graduation (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy) studies under Rajiv Gandhi University for the year 2016-2017.
- Father Muller Medical College, RGUHS 2nd rank Mangalore.
- M.B.B.S & Internship, K.S Hegde Medical Academy , Manga- lore. Class XII Christ Junior College , Bangalore.St. Francis High.
- Class X School in Koramangala, Bangalore.
- Skills: Medical management and chemical peels for pigmentary disorders, experienced in handling lasers.
(IPL , Nd Yag lasers , Erbium Yag laser)
- Experienced at doing Vitiligo surgery including non−cultured keratinocyte melanocyte transfer.
- Surgery for minor excisions and skin grafting. Experienced in handling and preparation of Platelet Rich Plasma. Scar rejuvenation, skin rejuvenation.
- Diagnosis, management and sexually transmitted disorders.
- Agement of Dermatological emergencies like erythroderma, drug rash, and vesciculobullous disorders.
Dr. Shwetha B.RAO is a Dermatologist Specialises in:
-Lasers in Dermatology (IPL, Nd Yag lasers,Erbium Yag laser )
-Platelet Rich Plasma
-Minor Surgical Dermatology
Professionalism. Excellence. Experience.
- Dissertation – Sensitivity and Resistance pattern of Propionibacterium acnes in acne vulgaris: an in vitro
- Research paper on trans-epidermal water loss in eczematous conditions
- Pilot study on trans-epidermal water loss in diaper dermatitis
- Medical management and chemical peels for pigmentary disorders
- Experienced in handling lasers (IPL , Nd Yag lasers , Erbium Yag laser )
- Experienced at doing vitiligo surgery including non-cultured keratinocyte melanocyte transfer
- One month of internship in plastic surgery – for minor excisions and skin grafting
- Experienced in handling and preparation of Platelet Rich Plasma
- Scar rejuvenation , skin rejuvenation
- Diagnosis, management and long term follow up and assessment of leprosy and sexually transmitted disorders
- Diagnosis, evaluation and management of Dermatological emergencies like erythroderma, drug rash, and vesciculobullous disorders.
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE: for 3 years in teaching Junior Post Graduate residents , MBBS interns as well as MBBS students
- Rao SB, Bhat R. Sensitivity and resistance pattern of Propionibacterium acnes towards oral antibiotics and topical agents in acne vulgaris: an in vitro study (submitted to Clinical and Experimental Dermatology).
- Rao SB, Bhat R. A study on trans epidermal water loss in eczematous skin condition published in Indian Journal of applied Research
- Ali NM, Bhat R, Rao SB. Concurrent presentation of erythrodermic lichen planus and squamous cell carcinoma: Coincidence or malignant transformation? Indian J Dermatol 2015; 60:457-60.
- Bhat R, Rao SB. A case report on “Hypo-pigmented lesions over face and extremities with deformity in a 4
year old child” published in the book puzzling cases in pediatric dermatology by D.M Thappa.
Awards & Achievements
- State Rank Holder –2nd rank, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, Post-Graduation ( M.DDermatology, Venereology & Leprosy)
- Best outgoing – Dept. of dermatology , Father Muller Medical College , Mangalore
- Best thesis award – Sensitivity and resistance pattern of P. Acnes in acne vulgaris – in Mangalore Zone presented by Karavali Dermatology society
- Gold medalist in the subject of Surgery in final year M.B.B.S.
- Best Outgoing student – St Francis High school, Koramangala , Bangalore
- Part of the organizing team of National conference DERMACON-2015 held in Mangalore in February-2015
- Part of the organizing team of activities and conferences held by Karavali Dermatology society
- Part of organizing team of workshops and conferences held by Dept. of Dermatology, Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore